Thursday, March 15, 2012

Humber College Honour Pin Ceremony



This past Tuesday the Humber College business school recognized the academic excellence of a group of Marketing Diploma students. Faculty and family members acknowledged the students during the annual Honour Pin Ceremony.  

The ceremony highlights the academic achievements of students who achieve an overall average of 80% during the academic calendar year.

Throughout the event a number of speakers concluded that achieving honours is not an easy feat. In fact, achieving honours means much more than simply attending classes and receiving good grades; it encompasses a wide variety skills and attributes such as: hardwork, determination, team work, communication, analytical thinking and problem solving. Excelling within college provides you with more than just good grades. It helps establish the foundation for your future career and success.

In this blog I would like to share with you three tips that I believe can help students achieve both academic and personal success while studying at Humber College.

Tip #1- Get Involved

Becoming involved within the school through both academic and extra circular activities can prove to be very beneficial to a student’s success. Whether it is joining a club such as Toastmasters, a case study competition team, a sports team or even speaking engagements, getting involved can lead to great opportunities.

Tip #2- Stay on top of your studies

Although this tip seems fairly basic, it is very easy to fall behind within your studies. With a full course load, multiple assignments, group projects and your own social life, it can feel very overwhelming at times. Organize, plan and take your time to ensure that everything is completed on time and properly.

Tip#3- Don’t be afraid to ask for help

The sooner you realize that your teachers actually care and that they want to help you succeed, school becomes an entirely different playing field. This has been one of my greatest lessons while studying at Humber. Take advantage of the services on campus; Humber offers various learning centers and tutoring services to ensure that students are successful. 

Not only does achieving honours make you stand out amongst the crowd, it also gives you a sense of accomplishment.

-Tim

1 comment:

  1. I'm  here to share my testimony of what a good trusted loan company did for me. My name is Nikita Tanya, from Russian and I’m a lovely mother of 3 kids I lost my funds on trying to get a loan it was so hard for me and my children, I went online to seek for a loan assistance  all hope was lost until one faithful day when I met this friend of mine who recently secured a loan from Le_Meridian Funding Service She introduced me to this honest loan company who helped me get a loan in within 5 working days, I will forever be grateful to Mr Benjamin, for helping me get back on feet again. You can contact Mr Benjamin via email: lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com, they do not know I’m doing this for them, but i just have to do it because a lot of people are out there who are in need of a loan assistance  please come to this company and be saved.WhatsApp:(+1 989-394-3740)

    ReplyDelete